[V8] Electrical Issues, related?

dsaad at icehouse.net dsaad at icehouse.net
Wed Nov 15 10:21:58 EST 2006

12.2V is a dead battery.

You probably better load test your alternator, and do a specific gravity test on
the battery.
Also look very closely at all the battery cable connections. (both ends of each

If you do not know the condition of the alternator, I would pull it and rebuild
it. If you can do it yourself, it will cost around $80 as I recall for new
bearings and a new regulator. If you can find and install the brushes, you
(probably) don't need a regulator - just $0.50 worth of brushes.
I do this to all my cars at 100K mile intervals - because I don't like to have
breakdowns and it is cheap.
If you have them rebuild it, you are probably still better off than a re-man
from a generic auto parts store both price wise and in quality of parts used.