[V8] Overheating, loss of electric fan 92 V8 4.2

QSHIPQ at aol.com QSHIPQ at aol.com
Tue Jul 17 19:53:17 EDT 2007

Just a data point.  Before I determined the gauge was bad, I  could turn on
the heater and get an indication of a reduced temp as well.   Hence my
misdiagnosis of a bad rad.  Again, ck the temps with an IR  gun.  The best success is
to zap the head right where the temp sender is  (front of head on drivers
side, 2 pin connector).  After that test, I would  do a pressure test (for heater
core leak).
Right now, my head temps will rise to 210 (3rd speed fan comes on  normally)
gauge shows beyond 3/4 hot, and the clue to me was the overtemp  shutdown of
the A/C never came about.
My .02
Scott J
In a message dated 7/17/2007 5:06:04 P.M. Central Daylight Time,