[V8] Alignment specs

d saad dsaad at icehouse.net
Tue May 22 10:53:02 EDT 2007

I always print the specs from the bently and hand them to the tech at the
tire shop.
I am now starting to go back over their work and
re-tighten bolts to factory specs. It does not matter how many times you
ask - they are going to do what they always do. If they over or under
tighten important parts, they may slip or even break.
I still have to
stand there while they put my car on the rack for a tire rotation to make
sure the fool does not smash in the floor pan. This is the one area where
I can not DIY - and I hate it. You are totally at the mercy of some idiot
who just learned the trade this week.

If they ruined a set of
tires, I would not be bashful in asking for replacements.

And -
to partially answer your question - are your sub-frame bushings good, and
bolts properly torqued?

> I did many new front suspension (and rear) pieces so an alignment
was in
> order.  1,000 miles later I'm really wearing my front
tires on the inner
> edges.  Neg camber problem.   Car goes down
the road straight with no
> pulls
> what so ever.  I pull
out the alignment measurements on the print out and
> all seem in
spec.   Then I look at the Car model and it says 90 Quattro!
They aligned the V8 on 90 specs.  Interestingly only one front is
> 'technically' out of proper spec (and the 2 rears slightly) and the
> front just in, but even it is noticeably worn.  Tires and
rims are stock.
> Does any one have a preferred alignment spec
other than in the middle of
> the specified ranges for the V8?
> thx
> Mike
> This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential
> It
> is intended solely for the use of the
addressee. If you are not the
> intended
> recipient, you
are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying,
> or using any of this information. If you received
this communication in
> error,
> please contact the sender
immediately and destroy the material in its
> entirety,
whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain
> personal
> information about consumers subject
to the restrictions of the
> Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not
directly or indirectly reuse or
> redisclose
> such
information for any purpose other than to provide the services for
> which
> you are receiving the information.
> 127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114
> If you prefer not to receive future e-mail
offers for products or services
e-mail to DNERequests at key.com with 'No Promotional E-mails' in
> SUBJECT line.
> Audifans V8
mailing list
> Send posts to: mailto:V8 at audifans.com
Manage your list connection:
> Have an Audi V8
question?  Check the Audifans Knowledgebase!
> Have a V8 answer?
... Please help others by adding to the KB ... all