[V8] Wheels

Roger Woodbury rmwoodbury at roadrunner.com
Mon Apr 28 17:28:17 PDT 2008

Well, it's not too early to think about wheels for the new V8.  The Aero
wheels on the car simply will not suffice, although I probably won't change
them until I change the tires.  So this is a fact finding inquiry.

What I am curious about is what kind of experience listers have had with
wider tires of various sizes.  I doubt that I will be able to accept the
ride or punishment on the wheels of a 17" wheel, but certainly 16" inch
wheels should have no difficulty with our rough roads.

One thought that I have had is if I do install different brakes, I will
likely need different wheels.

The parameter is that we enjoy a lot of frost heaves here, and the roads are
apt to be quite rough for most of the winter and spring.  So tires must be
able to absorb quite a lot of shock, or else wheels will be damaged before
you know it.

Comments from all will be appreciated.

Checked by AVG.
7:18 AM