[V8] Stick a fork in the V8 I am done ;-)

Greg Furstenwerth slicerdicer at mac.com
Mon Aug 4 14:19:50 PDT 2008

I guess my main question is how do you get access to the pump?

Ed Kellock wrote:
> There are several x-caps on the pump.  If you're lucky and it's not one
> that's covered (that's about all BUT one) then you'll need a sorta special
> tool that is kind of like a very large common screwdriver that is a socket.
> I believe they're called impact drivers.  The official torque on the caps is
> not great, but if it hasn't been off in a long while or if it's been off and
> overtorqued, it may take some patience.  I pulled the pump to replace the
> o-ring on mine the first time and paid the price in that I found the
> mounting bolts for the pump, actually the holes they bolt into, were
> stripped.  I got it back together okay and then had to replace the o-ring
> again (my fault).  I did not want to disturb the mounting bolts again so I
> did it while on the car.  
> Ed

More information about the V8 mailing list