[V8] talk me into or out of it...

Kent McLean kentmclean at comcast.net
Mon Aug 24 17:04:15 PDT 2009

Seamus O'Carey wrote:
> 3.  It doesn't have current tags and I'm not sure what the rules are on
> buying a car and driving it across state lines where it will (maybe) be
> registered.  I don't know how I would register it before I got it home, but
> I also don't know how I would get it home without registering it fist.  

IANAL, but you should be able to go to the car, buy it, fax the necessary 
details (title/bill of sale, etc) to someone back home, have them take that to 
the local DMV, register the car, then they can fax you back the registration. A 
temporary (cardboard) plate should get you home, using the faxed registration as 

Or take a chance on losing the $250, send a check to the owner, have them send 
you a title/bill of sale, get your registration locally, then take registration 
and plates to the new car.

Kent McLean
1999 A4 Avant, V6 Tiptronic
1991 200 TQA #3, with mods
1990 V8 w/5-speed and other mods
gone: '91 200 TQA x2, '94 100 S Avant, '89 200 TQ "Bad Puppy"

More information about the V8 mailing list