[V8] HID problem

Kent McLean kentmclean at comcast.net
Thu Nov 19 12:18:15 PST 2009

J B wrote:
 >  Hello there from Toronto Can. I have successfully upgraded the european
 > headlamps with an HID kit  AMAZING DIFFERENCE ! The only problem is it
 > triggered the "headlamp bulb" icon in the auto check circuit. Would the
 > problem be solve as suggested by  the old S4 site that showed hot to disable
 > the circuit in the relay by cutting thru the solder track? or is there a
 > simpler way?

I wouldn't cut the trace, in case you want to undo it.  I believe you can just
put a short jumper wire in place of the relay, disabling the warning.

Or move the pickup points so the warning still works:

That's all I "know".

Kent McLean
1990 V8 w/5-speed and other mods
1991 200 TQA #3, with mods
1999 A4 Avant, V6 Tiptronic
gone: '91 200 TQA x2, '94 100 S Avant, '89 200 TQ "Bad Puppy"