[Vwdiesel] finished, no start

Dan Cotter cotter at mhtc.net
Wed Aug 28 23:25:44 EDT 2002

> Timing wouldn't hurt.  Just be sure to use the right specs and have the
> cold start advance lever seated firmly, at the pump not just inside the
> car.  The cable could be bent or out of adjustment.
>      Loren
The only thing I can add to the fine answers by Loren;
Consider towing the vehicle and restarting the engine; If you and your
helper know how and can do it safely. Saves the starter etc. significantly.
When I bump start a vw diesel I do prime the pump but do not bleed the
injector lines, the air will wok through as the engine runs poorly at first.