[Vwdiesel] LubriMoly Synth vs: Dino Oil

LBaird119 at aol.com LBaird119 at aol.com
Wed May 22 21:27:18 EDT 2002

> s CH-4 "better" than CF?  If so, would the synth vs: dino offset this?
  The higher the letter in the alphabet, the better the rating, so CH-4 is
"better" than CF.

>  Which is "better" for summer -- 5w40 or 15w40?

  I'd say the 15W/40 but both would work.  I use 15W/40 all year.
>  My application is a '91 Jetta TD (requires CD level).  I change oil every
> km and always use Mann or Mahle filters. After 240K km, the engine uses
> than 0.5litre per change.  I'm doing mostly city driving, with occassional
> longish highway trips -- always well above the posted level so I don't slow
> down the rest of the traffic... :-)
  Sounds like you're doing well.  Not letting the carbon build up is the
biggest thing.  THe right oil and proper changes is the best for that.  :)
Heck, I use diesel rated oil in EVERYTHING.  Engines stay cleaner,
smell better and probably run smoother too.  :)