[Vwdiesel] title/abandoned car question

LBaird119 at aol.com LBaird119 at aol.com
Fri Oct 18 00:08:55 EDT 2002

  What little I know about it has to do with sending a registered letter to
last known owner.  You may have to send a couple bucks to the appropriate
state's DMV to do a search for the owner's name and address.  Once that's
done there are two ways to go.  Abandoned/mechanics lean or have them
sign a lost title/release of interest form.  YMMV but it should be similar.
Try asking a local mechanic wrecking yard or towing outfit.
  A friend does a few of these and there's a long way to do it and an easy
way that somehow involves the police.  <shrug>

More information about the Vwdiesel mailing list