[Vwdiesel] Importing a TDI ?

Ken Oldrid koldrid at zoo.uvm.edu
Thu May 8 11:33:06 EDT 2003

The manufacturers may want us to change our fuel, but different
safety standards prevent a vehicle with euro safety specs to be
imported into the US. I have friends who have discussed this with
customs brokers. They said it cost thousands of dollars, and the auto
is submited to up to 8 months of safety testing. Two brokers stated
they had done it once and wouldn't do it again because of the hassle.