[Vwdiesel] Vacuum Pump Sealing Washer - which way goes up?

Will Taygan william at taygan.com
Mon May 19 21:20:57 EDT 2003

okay, my vacuum pump's rebuilt and ready to go back in the 1981 1.6NA picku=
p=2E  I have an avocado green sealing washer (according to ETKA) that shoul=
d go below the pump shaft onto the part that's sticking up inside the engin=

The avocado green rubbery sealing washer (not the o-ring) was missing befor=

It has a flat side and a grooved side.

Which way goes up?

Will Taygan
Concrete, WA