[Vwdiesel] (Glow Plugs) Have I reached the end...for now.

LBaird119 at aol.com LBaird119 at aol.com
Thu Aug 26 01:03:56 EDT 2004

> Yes! It is noticeably quieter, pull it out and sharp rattles.

  Then check it warm if there's a bit of a difference then timing is
pretty close.  If you can't hear a difference then it's a bit retarded.
If there's still quite a change then the timing's probably a tad advanced.
  It's a simple way I use to tell if the timing's close or not.

> Newbie Question: Should you always start the little bunny with the cold
> start lever out?

  Doesn't really matter.  If it needs it, then use it.  If it doesn't, it
hurt.  Honestly, most of the time mine just stays out.  It's either a
short trip where it'd be out half the time anyway or it's right out on the
highway where it's irrelevant anyway.