[Vwdiesel] Glow plug Saga ---( Hagar remembers )

Lee Hillsgrove hillsgrove at adelphia.net
Sat Dec 25 00:29:38 EST 2004

> One of my neighbors has a tractor that you start on gasoline, and
> then switch to kerosine.  I'm told it runs Otto cycle on gasoline,
> and when you switch it, it goes to a Diesel cycle.  I've seen it
> enough, but haven't looked real close.

 When I was a kid, a friend of mine's dad had a Trojan loaded at their
sawmill that started on gas with spark plugs and then was switched over to
diesel. I was too young to get really interested in it, or at least curious
enough to find out exactly how it worked. Not sure, but I think there was a
valve or something that changed the volume of the combustion chamber to
accommodate both modes of operation.