[Vwdiesel] Intake build up on 98 tdi

TexasTDI texasvwdriver at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 30 22:07:48 EST 2004

To keep the intake and EGR from getting clogged:

Use only API CI-4 oil (synthetic preferred due to lower NOACK rating)

Disconnect the CCV hose from the air intake (technically illegal, but you'll
only get caught if you have smog checks in your area).

I have the UPsolute chip.  www.upsolute.com

Christopher J. Thornton
1991 VW Jetta 2 Door 1.6 Diesel - 240k miles
2000 VW Golf 1.9 TDI (turbo diesel) - 93k miles
AMSOIL Synthetic Lubricants Dealer #1098500