[Vwdiesel] Re: cleaning fluid for jet turbines

McCanless, James james.mccanless at lmco.com
Wed Jul 28 07:42:47 EDT 2004

I also have indirect experience with this. I worked on cruise missiles
for 15 years and we never did anything like this, but while I did a
couple of years in Quality Assurance, I became good friends with the jet
engine mechanic. He said during Desert Storm while working on the B-52
the were at Diego Garcia. Not having all the facilities of their home
base to do proper preventive maintenance the had do resort to other
measures. They would take ground up charcoal briquettes and with the
engines at idle toss the charcoal powder in the intake. It would restore
power similar to a water wash and trim would after and engine change.

P.S. How many have used the Optima Batteries in your diesel and are you
pleased with the performance.