[Vwdiesel] Turbo discussions -- ( maybe I will do the Turbo this year )

LBaird119 at aol.com LBaird119 at aol.com
Tue Mar 9 14:36:57 EST 2004

Question :   Any simple way to identify what make Turbo I have ???.

  Yup, if the wastegate actuator is a can and is pressed/welded permanently
in the housing, and all fed by hoses, it's a Garrett.  If the wastegate is 
cast metal and one feed is a metal tube.  Then it's a KKK.  There are two 
KKK's used.  One on the Eco and the other on 85--> TD's.  The Eco has a 
little smaller compressor as I recall so the manifold is actually different 
well.  There's no "dishing" to it for clearance of the larger housing.

More information about the Vwdiesel mailing list