[Vwdiesel] 1981 rabbit alternator pulley

Dan Stock dstock_76 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 10 13:02:18 EDT 2005

I have '81 rabbit with a 1.6na diesel.  I am switching
from an ac setup to non-ac.  I already have the
alternator bracket but what pulley do I need for a
non-ac setup.  Is there two possibilities or more?

At this link
there is a 30mm extension.  Is this what I need or is
there other possible lengths?

Also, where would one suggest to be the best place for
an alternator?  Bosch or Motorola?  My original one is
a Motorola. I was looking at
http://www.europartsdirect.com for alternators. Some
of the pictures show alternators with pulleys on them,
but I wouldn't think they come with a pulley?  I will
call just for the heck of it?

Thanks for any info in advance,

Do you Yahoo!?