[Vwdiesel] Tattle tail plug in head?

Shawn Wright swright at zuiko.sls.bc.ca
Mon Apr 18 21:38:09 EDT 2005

On 18 Apr 2005 at 20:27, LBaird119 at aol.com <LBaird119 at aol.com> wrote:

>   Most of those tattle tales are a surface, glued on device and it'd be glued
> to the frost plug.  The center melts out sure, but there's still a freeze
> plug
> behind it.  :-)  If the head reaches 250F there's likely no coolant left in
> there.

Ah... that's how it works... In that case, maybe I'll just pry it off now... I don't plan on
ever going back to this shop, so I'd rather it wasn't there. Pics will follow later, I'm
going ahead with it tonight... wish me luck!

Shawn Wright
'85 Jetta D
'88 Westy 2.1L, soon to be 1.6TD 5 speed
 (see progress at http://members.shaw.ca/vwdiesels)
'82 Diesel Westy