[Vwdiesel] Searching the archives (& hill climbing)

Dan Sloan dsloan at DRAKE.EDU
Wed Aug 10 18:10:36 EDT 2005

> Ever accelerate with you vwdiesel, get pushed back in your
> seat, just like a shuttle launch, and then all of the sudden,
> when you hit a certain RPM, you seem to go weightless, as the
> car stops accelerating?
> You hit that 4000 to 4500 RPM area.  That's how it works.

I have NEVER compared my Rabbit acceleration to a shuttle launch.....the
imagery is wonderful though.

My comparisons have been: floor it, (fumigate the convertible behind me),
and the bunny says, "I'll think about going now..."

Or is this shuttle like acceleration done at a particular RPM?

-- Dan