[Vwdiesel] Wiring Voltage Gauge

Roger Brown r.c.brown at ieee.org
Wed Feb 2 01:01:21 EST 2005

sorrentino2 at excite.com wrote:
>  The light and positive can be run to the fuel solenoid? The ground to the battery?

Ground is ground, any good sheet metal point would work.  I had power and ground wires from the injector pump running in with my
tachometer signal:
and just used those.  The backlight I ran to a terminal strip I installed with a feed from a  dimming dash light power source.
Don't recall having any trouble figuring out the gauge wiring (or I would have written something about it), just find the
connections to the lamp and the rest is easy: