[Vwdiesel] Re: bob slater/boltophobia

Justin and Chelly Bennett cjb at midrivers.com
Thu Feb 3 11:45:04 EST 2005

There are tools called thread chasers.  They look like a dulled tap.
The reason is that a tap can ruin a set of threads if used as a chaser.
If the tap is cut for a looser class of fit then the threads it will
remove required thread material and thus leaving you a thread that will
be out of spec and will be loose.  Not sure as it makes much difference
with the vw, but it could.  So if I can't find the metric thread chasers
I'll be using the homemade bolt option.