[Vwdiesel] Engine ID

David Cook vwdieselbunny at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 10:29:00 EST 2005

I was able to look in the oil filler hole after
rolling up a paper towel to soak up the oil that had
pooled in the hole and see what I had.

They are definately the allen type fasteners, so they
are the 11mm bolts.

Do I infer correctly from your post that the 11mm are
NOT stretch bolts?

--- Chuck Carnohan <Chuck.Carnohan at itd.idaho.gov>

> Take your valve cover off and look at the head
> bolts.  If they have
> hexagonal slot wrench holes (big allen wrench), they
> are 11mm.  If they
> are multi-pointed star type, they are 12mm stretch
> bolts.
> Chuck

David Cook
Red '86 Cabriolet Diesel Powered
Red '90 g60 Corrado
Brown and White '78 Westy Campmobile "Bear"
and others in various states of disrepair
Pictures here: community.webshots.com/user/superdave5599

Do you Yahoo!?