[Vwdiesel] RE: Radiator Fan Runs with Defroster On

LBaird119 at aol.com LBaird119 at aol.com
Sat Jan 15 01:10:37 EST 2005

In a message dated 1/14/2005 9:52:30 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jhsg at sasktel.net writes:

> Unplugging the compressor works well, and it's simple.  I did that every
> winter with my A2 Jetta... has to as it was veerrrrry cold in there in
> winter with the rad fan running continuous..

  One thing I was told by a refrigeration tech.  There's a reason the
cycle, work with defrost (other than for drier air).  The compressor seals
will last better and leak less if the compressor is run every couple days
for a minute or so.  Keeps the oil circulated and seals pliable.  Hard to
believe it runs much or long when it's 0F out there but...