[Vwdiesel] Re: going price of 1.6L turbo diesel engine

Justin and Chelly Bennett cjb at midrivers.com
Tue Jun 7 22:46:23 EDT 2005

Went and looked at what was for sale.  There was the 1.6 t.d. block and
turbo stuff.  No head, it was ruined by either a loose prechamber or
fuel injector.  There was also a 1.6 n.a. block, a couple of n.a. heads,
a 5 speed tranny mid 80's Jetta, and it looked like at least two engines
worth of used turbo pistons, the couple pistons I looked at appeared
that they would still be serviceable.  No mic so was relying on the mark
1 eyeball.  $600 for all the VW stuff.

Now if I am not mistaken the subject of heads was discussed and the
consensus was that there is no difference between turbo and n.a. heads.