[Vwdiesel] R12 replacement

slatersfb at aol.com slatersfb at aol.com
Wed Mar 16 10:17:28 EST 2005


 Legal Status of HC-12a®, DURACOOL 12a®, and OZ-12®
May hydrocarbon refrigerants be used to replace CFC-12, commonly referred to as "Freon® ," in cars?
No. It is illegal to use hydrocarbon refrigerants like HC-12a® and DURACOOL 12a® as substitutes for CFC-12 in automobile or truck air conditioning under any circumstances.
The SS Freon Police may be in your town soon.
Bob in NY 

More information about the Vwdiesel mailing list