[Vwdiesel] Diesel Purge

LBaird119 at aol.com LBaird119 at aol.com
Wed May 11 01:25:03 EDT 2005

In a message dated 5/10/2005 1:18:40 PM Pacific Standard Time,
gavrik at cablespeed.com writes:

> >How about a piece of crud partially blocking the pump
> >outlet caqusing too much internal pressure?
> I don't know. I was thinking that the problem was the pump
> not advancing enough rather then too much.

  At least on the GM pumps, it affects more than just timing.  It also
affects fueling.  Timing advance isn't JUST from internal pressure is
it?  Doesn't rpm and the flyweights have a factor in it?  I just haven't
had time to sit and study one or tear into a spare I have on a shelf.