[Vwdiesel] espar vs webasto coolant heater?

Terry Briggs vbriggs at stny.rr.com
Tue Jul 4 04:04:45 EDT 2006

If you have electric available, use a tank type coolant heater, I use
one in the golf, and when I go salmon fishing up north, I toss the
little 1000 watt honda gen set in the trunk. Even considering the cost
of the gen set, It's still almost $1300 cheaper than the expensive
option . I used it on my old rabbit before the golf, and it's always
fired right up, even at -40 in wisconsin after only warming the block
for 2 hours.