[Vwdiesel] IP screw

jeremy jwchou at yahoo.com
Mon May 8 00:44:22 EDT 2006

After long delay I finally got my ip back with new fast throttle seal and
installed on my 81 Rabbit D. I was so excited to see that poppy came alive
again. It is first time I did this ip installation. It was a big job for me but
I did learn alot from it. Thank you all for your advises. They were very
helpful indeed.
I still need to install the timing belt cover and adjust timing with a dial
gage. However, before that I do have a little leak problem when the engine is
running from a screw situated between fuel return line banjo bolt and the stop
solenoid. I stopped the engine and loosen the locknut to back out the long
screw. I saw a small black o-ring on the shaft so I guess that needs to be
replaced. I was expecting fuel streaming out when I took the long screw out but
to my surprise there was no fuel coming out at all. So I was wondering how does
this work and what is this screw for? When do we have to make adjustment on
this screw?

Do You Yahoo!?