[Vwdiesel] PCV vents

Shawn Wright swright at zuiko.sls.bc.ca
Tue May 23 10:19:42 EDT 2006

Thanks for the info. The VC is pretty clean I think - soaked in solvent when
engine was rebuilt 3k ago. It also has the Jetta TD plastic separator sitting
on top of the VC (it is a complete Jetta TD engine). I will check the VC
screen next time I have it off just to be sure. I notice that when removing the
PCV hose after a hot run, there is visible oil vapour coming out of the hose. I
am running on a rebuild with cylinders that were at or near the wear limit,
just honed and new rings, plus running 15psi boost, so expect this doesn't