[Vwdiesel] turbo install experience

raymond greeley rgreeley2 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 8 11:05:27 EDT 2007

Hello, I have a 1.6 motor i would like to add a turbo to,
with that in mind I am beginning to read on the subject.
the archieves are daunting to go through.
It seams that a sandwhich plate (intercooler between the air intake and the turbo would make for the transition there,
the exhaust being a little more challengeing.
Is oil supply best taken from a filter fitting.
I would imagine there are some companies that make
more of a bolt on system. Is there several that people here
like to use. I have seen kkk and banks out there or would it be wiser to find a vw turbo eng and rebuild that way. I have driven stock 1.6 turboed engines and one with aftermarket
turbos and the stock one was much more responsive.
thanks for the thought. ray
Learn. Laugh. Share. Reallivemoms is right place!