[Vwdiesel] *more 81 Rabbit adventures*

LBaird119 at aol.com LBaird119 at aol.com
Wed Dec 19 09:25:55 PST 2007

In a message dated 12/19/2007 8:55:54 AM Pacific Standard Time, rbp at 4u2bu.org

> - I will also check lower rad hose for 'collapse'
> <snip>
> - radiator was apparently replaced by PO, who seems to have done most
> of the obvious stuff to address overheating condition
> - I agree that there is some kind of restriction or flow problem
> my guess:
> I do not have a head gasket breach
> but I do have some kind of leak or block that is preventing flow/
> cooling/pressurizing of the system outside the engine
> system acting like it has partial flow past the t-stat now
> will double-check the 4 things above and post back later
  I've never seen a hose collapse on a VW, Audi vacuum
hose maybe but not a coolant hose on a VW.
  With no significant pressure then it wouldn't be the
head gasket.  Does it have ANY pressure?  The cap
may be bad, not holding pressure and if you had a "hot"
t-stat in there originally, that could be enough to make
it boil (from experience, just straight water is enough to
make them boil with the hottest stat in there!)

See AOL's top rated recipes