[Vwdiesel] 81 Rabbit - wheel bearings

mark shepherd mark at shepher.fsnet.co.uk
Wed Dec 19 14:20:22 PST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Val Christian" <val at mongo.mongobird.com>
To: <vwdiesel at vwfans.com>
> I had them get so loose that I damaged some of the brake parts.

Val that was exactly my experience in the Summer. The bearing itself
[rollers and cage] seemed fine; but the stub had rutted. The vibration was
so bad that it made 2 slave cylinders leak within a month. I overdid it with
the knurling and finally had to destroy the bearing to get the brake drum
back off ...duh...

In fact here's a picture...

Checked by AVG Free Edition.