[Vwdiesel] no idiot lights, instrument and fuel gauges

LBaird119 at aol.com LBaird119 at aol.com
Sat Dec 29 12:36:39 PST 2007

In a message dated 12/29/2007 8:59:48 AM Pacific Standard Time,
vwzoo at yahoo.com writes:

> Hi,
>   I am getting a car running for my daughter.
> Everything was working and then last night the fuel
> gauge, temp gauge and idiot lights don't work. I have
> pulled out the instrument cluster and nothing looks
> obvious to me as being wrong.  Anyone have any tips.
> Thanks
> Dave

  Check for other things working or not like heater fan,
instrument lights, etc.  Could be a ground, cracked flexi
pc on the back of the cluster or a fuse.  I'd be first suspicious
of grounds.  Check the plug to the cluster itself as well as the
battery to body ground or engine to body and the multi cap-like
ground terminal up under the dash kinda near the steering column.
  A test light makes most ground testing go much faster.  :-)

See AOL's top rated recipes