[Vwdiesel] Rabbit bumper shroud

Dave Heart teacher525 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 12 23:05:29 EDT 2007

I'm replacing the front bumper on my 81 VW Rabbit pickup 1.6td "camper". The newer Rabbit bumper across the top has a plastic shroud. The front bracket supports on my 81 do not have the holes for mounting it. Of course I could replace the body bracket supports as well but there is alot of junk to remove to do that.  I could drill the holes in the bracket but it looks a bit tricky to get aligned. My question is if the shroud is beneficial for airflow or mostly just cosmetic? Did some pickups come with this shroud?
With Windows Live Hotmail, you can personalize your inbox with your favorite color.