[Vwdiesel] Oil pump replacement

LBaird119 at aol.com LBaird119 at aol.com
Thu Mar 8 02:36:50 EST 2007

In a message dated 3/7/2007 3:45:28 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mikitka at earthlink.net writes:

> I just went to the dealer and they looked up the oil pan gasket for me. Not
> sure what specific model year it is for.  Maybe Loren knows.
> Nick

  Actually the only rubber pan gasket I knew of was part of
the windage tray.  I've never had any leaks from the original
gaskets even when reusing for a second or more time.
  Anything from a 1.5 through all the 1.6 should directly
interchange pan gaskets, I'd suspect the 1.9 will also, but
haven't looked closely enough at the TDI pans to have an
opinion on them.  ;-)
  There are 3 oil pumps.  26mm, 30mm, and 36mm tall gears.
I don't think the 26 is even made anymore.  When moving up
to the 36mm pump you have to source a couple longer bolts
to bolt the pump in.  26 to 30 just bolt on with the same ones.

 AOL now offers free email to
everyone.  Find out more about what's free from AOL at http://www.aol.com.