[Vwdiesel] Oil Dip Stick Degrade

The President quantum-man at hotmail.co.uk
Sat May 12 11:20:00 EDT 2007

I've often heard mutterings about dip stick issues on the Rabbit Jetta
setups, but having never had a problem myself it just washed over me!
Last week I snapped off the plastic top on my Gasser Quantum dipstick
sheath. I don't recall any of my other 'Q's having this pink[red?] piece of
rubbish on it The sheath has always been steel. I managed to epoxy the bits;
but I'm inclined to make something better. When this degrade appear? This is
an '88 car...
I suppose 19 years for a piece of rubbish is not that bad ;o)