[Vwdiesel] Eurovan OIL idiot light?

Maynard Southard echomhs at gis.net
Fri Oct 12 21:20:39 PDT 2007

Had similar problem with oil light on Sluggo. Engine had overheated when a
hose blew. After repairing hose and flushing cooling system, I noticed the
oil light stayed lit. I checked oil level and found it was low. Hmmm.
Thought maybe the overheating had caused the oil & bearings to overheat and
burn off. Topped off oil, but oil light stayed lit. Now I was suspecting oil
pump damage and was all ready to order replacement from bus depot. However,
just before ordering I figured I should check oil pressure sender first (how
could overheating cause it to go bad?) I had a spare that had been sitting
on the shelf for years. Swapped in the spare sensor (yes, it was the correct
psi). No more oil light. Never had any more trouble.