[Vwdiesel] Changing from external v. regulator to internal v. regulator alternator

David Cook vwdieselbunny at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 2 23:06:02 EDT 2007

Hey all-

I knew you all would be the ones to ask...

I think the alternator in my boat isn't working right.
 However, it sure looks like one from a Rabbit would
fit right in there.

But, the boat has an external regulator and the Rabbit
one has an internal regulator.

If I wanted to put the Rabbit alternator in, how do I
handle the wiring changes?  Do I just hook the red
wire directly to the battery and ground it and just
unplug the regulator or would there be more to it?

VW Parts for sale!

Need a vacation? Get great deals
to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.