No subject

Tue Aug 26 18:50:57 PDT 2008

also depends on what kind of WVO you use. Canola has the lowest gel point
from what I have read and peanut is higher along with the others. As to how
high I think it is around 36 to 40 degrees F. with canola being down at the
lower point.

I don't know much about diesel Heet or Siloo.  I do know that AMSOIL's Cold
Flow Improver,
Is compatible with biodiesel. I guess you would to find other diesel fuel
treatments and read up on them online. I would think if they worked with bio
that they would say right on the bottle like the Cold Flow Improver.

-----Original Message-----
From: vwdiesel-bounces at [mailto:vwdiesel-bounces at] On
Behalf Of Photo Bug
Sent: Sunday, October 12, 2008 9:31 AM
To: vwdiesel at
Subject: [Vwdiesel] Biodiesel Questions

I'm new at biodiesel but not new to diesels.  Yesterday, with a fellow
teacher we put our first batch of biodiesel in my '03 VW Jetta.  It purrrs
fine! (So does my billfold! )  Question 1: What temperature will the
biodiesel start to gell?  Question 2: What can we do about that?  Will
petro-based diesel additives like Siloo and Diesel Heet work?  Thanks for
any and all advice!
Best regards,
Tom Norris
Stay up to date on your PC, the Web, and your mobile phone with Windows
Vwdiesel mailing list
Vwdiesel at