[Vwdiesel] can i bore a 1.6 to 1.9?

LBaird119 at aol.com LBaird119 at aol.com
Fri Feb 8 18:03:10 PST 2008

In a message dated 2/8/2008 5:45:10 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mpteleski at yahoo.com writes:

> i have a low milage 1.6 that broke a valve and scored
> the a cylinder's wall. I know i can go 0.010 over, but
> how about to 1.9 size (whatever that is)? just
> wondering.

  I haven't checked but the bore, stroke, pin to top of piston
height and pin diameter are likely most or all different.  Most
are just from a 1.5 to a 1.6!
  .010" pistons as well as .030" are dealer only.  Std, .020 and
.040 are available aftermarket.

Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL