[Vwdiesel] A2 alternator belt tensioner pulley, where to buy? 1992 Ecodei...

LBaird119 at aol.com LBaird119 at aol.com
Mon Feb 18 09:33:24 PST 2008

In a message dated 2/18/2008 7:12:27 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dieselwesty at yahoo.com writes:

> My alt. tensioner pulley bearing bit the dust
> yesterday.  Not finding this part on my normal VW
> parts places.
> Does anyone have a part number from ETKA, I am sure
> others have replaced this, maybe I am not calling it
> the right thing.
> Thanks, Bryan

  I had mine out and re-greased it.  It's a sealed bearing as I recall.
Dimensions are likely on it (part number is generally mostly the
dimension numbers.)  I was going to replace it from a local bearing
house so it must have a number on it.
  I think from the dealer you have to buy the whole tensioner
pulley with the bearing in it.

Ideas to please picky eaters. Watch video on AOL