[Vwdiesel] 1989 Jetta 1.6 Leaking Diesel at injection pump

LBaird119 at aol.com LBaird119 at aol.com
Sat May 24 08:44:15 PDT 2008

In a message dated 5/23/2008 1:49:51 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
briandownunda at yahoo.com writes:

> Hi,
> I have a leak that appears to be coming from below my injection pump (drip,
> drip, drip)....any idea what could be causing this ?  What kind of repair
> would be required to fix this ?
> Thanks in adavance,
> Brian

  Odds are it's the timing advance cover and or shaft seal.  Get
two new 0-rings from an injection pump repair place, pull the
pump, remove two screws/bolts for the cover.  Remove a clamp
bolt or snap ring to remove the lever.  Remove the cover, replace
the o-rings, reinstall the cover, lever and pump, time.
  Then another one will start leaking!  ;-)

Get trade secrets for amazing burgers. Watch "Cooking
with Tyler Florence" on AOL Food.