[Vwdiesel] timing tool and parts advice needed

raymond greeley rgreeley2 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 2 14:57:58 PST 2008

there is a vw diesel timing tool set on ebay, #110303941962. it does not have the cam lock down or the ip locking bolt.
Other wise is this the tool i need to time my pre-computer 1.6 na and turbo engines.
does this maker, make a quality tool.
I purchased a 1.6 junkyard engine and trans, it runs smooth, and so i thought i would, while on a cart, change the t belt and retime the motor.
the salvage co. punctured the oil pan and so i need to either tap and plug the pan or replace the pan.
does anyone have any thoughts on plugging the pan or have a 1.6 pan and I have heard that the gasser engines
pan will fit