[Vwdiesel] New York Times article on '09 Jetta TDI...

LBaird119 at aol.com LBaird119 at aol.com
Tue Nov 25 09:17:53 PST 2008

In a message dated 11/25/2008 7:29:24 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dieseltdi at verizon.net writes:

> Some antidotal evidence is that biodiesel is actually
> better for the after burn catalyst emission system but no specific data yet.

  Such a "nifty" system  :-P  I first heard about this on the newer
Ford pickups.  Burn a sudden bunch of extra fuel so as to heat up
the particle trap and burn it out.  Only happens every 100 to 300
miles and I guess it's really noticeable by the smell.  I suspect it
really helps drop the mpg.  Still need to plug off the exhaust injector
on my '96 Passat.  Tried unplugging the valve to it but it immediately
throws a code.

One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social
networks, and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com