[Vwdiesel] Biodiesel Questions

Photo Bug photobug1 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 12 06:30:48 PDT 2008

I'm new at biodiesel but not new to diesels.  Yesterday, with a fellow teacher we put our first batch of biodiesel in my '03 VW Jetta.  It purrrs fine! (So does my billfold! )  Question 1: What temperature will the biodiesel start to gell?  Question 2: What can we do about that?  Will petro-based diesel additives like Siloo and Diesel Heet work?  Thanks for any and all advice!
Best regards,
Tom Norris