[Vwdiesel] I got the Rabbit all buttoned up, and...

LBaird119 at aol.com LBaird119 at aol.com
Thu Apr 2 23:12:22 PDT 2009

In a message dated 4/2/2009 9:11:44 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
eriklane at gmail.com writes:

> I just found more power for my car by turning *down* the max
> fuel screw. It was blowing a bit too much smoke and I would find that
> sometimes I would get the max power out of it around 2/3 of the way down and
> if I pushed the pedal further then the power would drop. After backing that
> screw out it feels like I have an extra ~10-20% power. And my smoke is
> practically non-existent.

  Did someone mess with the screw?  If not then that's a good sign
of worn injectors or a dirty air filter.  Turning down the screw doesn't
necessarily tend toward better mileage but in your case, where it
was so extreme that you actually LOST power from overfueling, it
  I set the pickup's aneroid down a little for off boost because it was
blowing a bit of black before the turbo kicked in.  I hoped to pick up
a mile or so.  I actually lost about 1 mpg or so.  This was pre rebuild.

Lose weight like TV’s Biggest Loser finalists. Start
w/ a FREE Weight-Loss Plan!