[Vwdiesel] OK, half-assed oil change

Bryan Belman dieselwesty at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 23 04:08:11 PDT 2009

Rolf, I had the same problem the first time I changed my oil in my TDI, I did not have anything that quite fit the platic lid to the oil filter holder and about 6 months later I did by the correct tool.

I did not really look in any local parts stores to see if I could find one that fit properly.
It was a bit pricey at $15.95 plus shipping, but now I have it and it does make the job faster for sure.

 Bryan Belman, Pt. Pleasant, NJ
04 Jetta Wagon TDI PD, 100hp, 5sp -- running :)
92 Jetta 1.6 Eco-Turbo Diesel -- running :)
82 Diesel Westy 1.9NA -- Not running :(
70 Type 1 stock Beetle -- Not running :(