[Vwdiesel] Engine eating pulley

LBaird119 at aol.com LBaird119 at aol.com
Sun Feb 15 15:31:44 PST 2009

  Those crank bolts take a lot of torque, even the old, non-stretch
ones.  It's not uncommon to have to pull the pan and block the
crank in order to get it loose initially.  A bit of red loctite on the
mating surface as well as the threads isn't a bad idea.  I'd be more
for using blue on the threads though.  Torque is 100ft/lbs + as I
recall.  I usually just do whatever the good air wrench will put out.
Somewhere just above 150 ft/lbs I'd say.
  Make sure which bolt you have and torque it well!

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just
2 easy steps!