[Vwdiesel] Stop lights turn on when engine off, and door is shut.

LBaird119 at aol.com LBaird119 at aol.com
Sat Feb 21 20:25:52 PST 2009

In a message dated 2/21/2009 7:14:43 PM Pacific Standard Time,
ktzkarz at embarqmail.com writes:

> I can cause the light to come on  just by shutting the door. I can make
> them go off by tapping the brake pedal.
> Where should I start to find the problem; stop light switch at brake pedal?
> Or is there a short somewhere else?

  Depends on the car.  If it has a switch at the pedal then it's  probably
adjusted too tight.  If there's only one in the master cylinder then it
could be the switch, a broken wire or the freeplay adjustment on the
master cylinder plunger.

A Good Credit Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just
2 easy steps!